Last year, aside from Ryan and Will, Uncle Nick was the youngest person at Ryan's birthday party. Being on a December move cycle didn't make this year much more promising for making new friends before his birthday! BUT, we are so lucky to have 2 very close friends/families living here in Phoenix, so we were actually able to pull off a small 'kids' party for his 5th! We went to Bounce U which is a huge room filled with inflatable jumping castles, slides, and obstacle courses. The kids had a ball, Ryan wore his crown the entire time, and we ended the afternoon with pizza, cake, balloons, and presents.
I can't believe that Ryan is 5. Sometimes I still see the baby in him - I still watch him while he sleeps and want to pick him up like I used to be able to do. He has grown into such an intelligent, sensitive, and amazing child. He has lived in 8 homes, 5 states, and 2 countries in his short life and has never whined or complained about all of the changes or separations. He can read, write, add, subtract, cross the monkey bars, ride a bike, and identify almost as many planes as Heath. I look forward to knowing the man he will become, but for the most part I try to hang on to everyday, selfishly not wanting him to grow because I will never have these days again. Being his mother is one of the greatest joys of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment