Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Birthday AJ










It is so bittersweet for us when our babies turn 1.... especially the last one. This year has flown by faster than any I remember and I look back and wonder what happened to my little 9 pound 6 oz baby who clung to and depended on me for everything. I still see the same innocent little eyes, pouty face, and crazy hair....only now he's walking, talking, feeding himself, and would much rather be playing with his brothers than with me. I know great days are to come but I often wish I could freeze time and keep these guys just the way they are - to us, life is perfect and celebrating Aiden's first year only helps to emphasize how truly blessed we are.  Our house was full, on AJ's big day, with friends, old and new, who've become our Phoenix family.  It was a fantastic day filled with love, laughter, and cupcakes!...one I'll always remember. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all, I miss you all so much. A.J. has gotten so big. Wow. I loved what you wrote and agree wholeheartedly. Hasn't this year flown by with #3? Scotlyn will be one in a couple of weeks and I can hardly believe it. I just want to hold her close so bad and freeze time. God bless your family. I think about you all so much! All of my love, Teresa