I've been waiting for Will to be successful with potty training so that we could enroll him in preschool 2 morning a week. School started on Tuesday, so I took him to his class to meet his teacher and friends and to look around hoping it would motivate him. He had his name on the wall and his own little reserved cubby.....that's when it hit me. He's growing up! (whew!! thankfully he's not 100% reliable on the potty training thing so I don't have to do this yet) I explained to his teacher why he wasn't going to stay that day and we discussed where he was in his 'training', which is - apparently - about at the same level as all of the others in his class! So.. he started today. He was so excited. We packed his snack and his backpack. We called Daddy for some words of wisdom. When we got there he asked me, "am I going to cry?" My answer was, "no baby, this is going to be fun, not sad (Mommy will cry, not you)". He was satisfied with that answer and kissed me goodbye and walked out to the school playground to play with his new friends. He had a great morning with playdough, paint, sand, snacks, stories, songs and NO accidents! I'm so proud of my baby boy. And in my long desired time away from 2/3 of my children, I went home and baked them cupcakes and watched the clock until it was time to pick him up! I love you Will!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Another First
I've been waiting for Will to be successful with potty training so that we could enroll him in preschool 2 morning a week. School started on Tuesday, so I took him to his class to meet his teacher and friends and to look around hoping it would motivate him. He had his name on the wall and his own little reserved cubby.....that's when it hit me. He's growing up! (whew!! thankfully he's not 100% reliable on the potty training thing so I don't have to do this yet) I explained to his teacher why he wasn't going to stay that day and we discussed where he was in his 'training', which is - apparently - about at the same level as all of the others in his class! So.. he started today. He was so excited. We packed his snack and his backpack. We called Daddy for some words of wisdom. When we got there he asked me, "am I going to cry?" My answer was, "no baby, this is going to be fun, not sad (Mommy will cry, not you)". He was satisfied with that answer and kissed me goodbye and walked out to the school playground to play with his new friends. He had a great morning with playdough, paint, sand, snacks, stories, songs and NO accidents! I'm so proud of my baby boy. And in my long desired time away from 2/3 of my children, I went home and baked them cupcakes and watched the clock until it was time to pick him up! I love you Will!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment