Three of God's glorious creations, enjoying His beautiful world.
Loves his Mimi and the ocean, but not his bathing suit.
My son-shine in the sunset
This shell has not left his side since!
I love my parents, love that they love me, my husband and ADORE our children. Love that we are so close despite being so far apart.
Papa braved the cold water to play with his grandsons all weekend.
This shot takes my breath away because I don't see a baby when I look at this and there is nothing I can do to change that.
My adventure seeking, nature loving, affectionate bundle of love. Though he would say, 'I'm not a bundle of love!! I'm a boy!"
So happy in the sand and Wah-wah!
Love this shot, or will, rather, once I photoshop out the excess.
J-O-Y
"I'm not c-c-c-cold!"
We headed west to San Diego to spend Labor Day Weekend with the 308th Emerald Knights and my parents. I was so glad that I had a few friends to caravan with during the 6 hour trip - esp glad when AJ threw up in his carseat at McDonalds and they all rushed to help me clean it up. (now those are friends!) Even more glad when I was denied access to the Navy Base where we were staying for the weekend because I didn't have my receipt of vehicle registration...and those same friends' husbands hooked me up with a rental minivan for the weekend! I was, once again, humbled and comforted by the generosity and solution-seeking-creativity of my Air Force family. Thanks again - strength and honor! ;)
My other family - aka my parents - met the boys and I for the long weekend. I never would've attempted such a feat without them! We had a great time at Sea World and playing on the beach. It's always reassuring to see our children interact with their grandparents - to know what a strong presence they have in their lives, even though we only see each other a few times a year. AJ remembered them as "Papapapa" and "Muh-Muh" (Mimi) and didn't want to leave their side the entire 3 days. Ryan had one fun overnight in their hotel room and even told me not to worry about him for the weekend because he was going to partner with his Mimi! Fearless Will dragged Papa (or maybe it was the other way around?...) to play for hours in the waves.
Missing Heath and wishing he could see the boys play and experience their excitement aside, it was a beautiful weekend. One we'll remember for years to come. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment