Heath turned 34 last week! We had a quiet day at home and then dinner with his friend, Logan, at "The Flying M" steakhouse....aka the Bear Store (they have a big stuffed bear in the entry). I ordered his favorite cake from Baskin Robbins and had it stored in the freezer at the restaurant all day, the manager at the ready to deliver it to our table in surprise after dinner. After dinner our waitress asked if we wanted desert ....I guess she didn't get the memo. I quietly reminded her of the cake and she said "Oh, yeah. Cake in freezer?" There went the surprise. Oh well. She then brought out the cake, still closed in it's box and set it on the table. I guess they celebrate birthdays a little bit differently in Korea. We got a laugh out of it anyway and were finally able to track down a lighter to light his candles. Ryan, Logan, and I sang Happy Birthday, much to Heath's dismay, and we even got applause from the other patrons. The staff was a little bewildered......a birthday dinner to remember for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment