Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Korea







I did it! I actually got in the car and drove myself and the boys through town to get to the base. I think it's worse as a passenger. We're already getting used to life here. Ryan is eager to speak to everyone so we're all trying to learn the language. He is coming up with new fears like monsters in the house, dinosaurs outside, loud 'bad guy' jets......I guess these are his clues that he is still a bit insecure about all the change. We're taking it day by day though and are looking forward to a fun Father's Day weekend. We ran into some friends last night and are planning a get together. It will be great to see familiar faces. Will slept from 8 to 7 last night so I hope that's the end of our 4am wake ups! Did I mention that it is full daylight by 4:30am? The neighborhood rooster doesn't really help, either......but the nighttime frogs create a great white noise. I don't even need his ocean sounds machine! Here are a few pics of the area .....these are from the neighborhood. (oh, and one of the 'option panel' on our toilet!) :) Love, Nat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you pushed all the buttons yet? At least it's not a hole in the ground :)
Miss you!
Tina

Desiree said...

wtf is up with the toliet? lol, maybe it cleans itself!!

Patti K. said...

It must be nice to have one of those high-tech toilets! Moving up in the world, huh? [kidding, of course] When we went to Japan we lived off base for a while. I would let the kids go to the playground in our little neighborhood and Andy would come home crying (he was 3 at the time) and telling me the Japanese kids had hit him, etc. Larry and I finally figured out he was telling the kids 'hi' whenever they spoke to him. But the other kids were smart enough to be asking him if they could hit him, etc. knowing he would answer 'hi' which is pronounced like 'hai' which is Japanese for 'yes'. Smart kids, huh? We sat Andy down and told him under no circumstances to say 'hi'. If wanted to greet them he could say 'hello'. There was no more trouble after that and I think the kids got to where they could communicate pretty well.

Blessings,
Patti