Ryan is growing up before our eyes and is quickly transitioning out of the sheltered world at home with Mommy. He is busy with school, basketball, new friends, and starting next week, tennis and in mid-March T-ball. Our schedule is starting to revolve around his and I'm told this is what to expect for the next 18 years! He continues to excel academically and is begining to develop his competitive, athletic side. He is very proud to be the fastest boy in his class (second to a GIRL!) His favorite conversation starter is "What if ___________" (fill in the blank with anything. and I mean ANYTHING) I am trying to remain enthusiastic about answering questions like, "what if today was Tuesday?" "what if our car ran on diesel?" "what if Izzy was a lizard?" "what if waffles tasted like pancakes?" "what if I didn't have toys?" "what if dog was spelled d-a-g, and we called them dags?" Usually, he is not satisfied with my answers and persists with the 'yeah, but what IF'. There are times when Heath and I just start laughing and he joins in, though doesn't understand why. There are other times, when he tests the limits (more often than not, lately) and we find ourselves having to discipline quite a bit. This is the hardest part of parenting so far.....but as frustrated as I get I do love to see his spunk and perserverence!
No comments:
Post a Comment