We had a wonderful, relaxing mother's day. I feel so blessed to have such beautiful, healthy, and happy children and a wonderful husband to share them with. Depsite the moving, the heat, the sleeplessness, the extra weight, and everything else I gripe about, I love my life!

Being Ryan's mom has revealed in me a depth of love I never knew existed. Everything I know about parenting I learned from him. He is the kindest most gentle soul I know. In his big brown eyes I see such curiosity, such a love of the world around him, mixed with incredible innocence and complete trust. From the day he was born people have been amazed by him, including me. There is no limit to what he can accomplish.

Being Will's mom has helped me find my own sense of adventure. I see the world through his eyes and it is exciting and new without boundaries. I am amazed by his courage and tenacity. I admire his fearlessness and am fascinated by his great capacity to learn and try new things. He is trying so hard to keep up with his older brother......and is doing a pretty good job. He is a big boy in a little boy's body and I cherish the quiet moments when he still wants to 'snuggle buggle mama'. In an odd role reversal sense, he makes me feel safe.

Being Aiden's mother has taught me to embrace the unexpected and to cherish each and every moment. I've realized that all of these moments make up my life and I don't want to rush through it. In fact, I wish that I could freeze this time and keep my children the way that they are; healthy, young, happy, protected and under my complete control! Aiden has already brought so much love to this family. I cannot imagine our lives without him. Even when he's asleep I want to lay next to him for fear that when he wakes up he will have grown more and I will have missed it!
No comments:
Post a Comment